Making homemade enchilada sauce has never been easier. For one minute and never more, the garlic should be sauteed in the oil, only until it is golden in color. Garlic burns easily. So, watch the time spent with the saute.
Steps 2 through 3 are even simpler. Add all of the other ingredients. Let them simmer on a low heat for about 7 to 10 minutes. Then, enjoy your keto-friendly, gluten-free sauce. Serve it on your favorite zucchini or low carb corn tortilla for tasty chicken, beef, cheese, or bean enchiladas or enchilada zucc
15 Minute Enchilada Sauce
- Medium Size Frying Pan
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cup
- ½ Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 ½ Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 3 Cups Canned Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Chipotle Chilis in Adobo Sauce Chopped to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Chili Pepper Add More to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper Add More to Taste21
- Over medium heat add oil and garlic to frying pan and saute until golden for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, chipotle chilis, hot chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside until you are ready to use it. Makes 4 cups of sauce.
- One serving = 1/4 cup
- One serving = 4g Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: .5g. Fat; 355 mg. Sodium: 1g Fiber: 2g. Sugar
- Chipotle chilis can be omitted to suit your taste.
- Some enchilada sauce recipes call for about a tablespoon of flour to be added to pan before adding the tomato sauce or water, which causes the recipe to have a brown color and more of a chili flavor.