Enjoy this gluten-free pizza with your favorite salad for a weeknight supper. If you love cheese and Mexican flavoring, then try this scrumptious recipe for a quick meal. When the crust is simply a crispy corn tortilla, the preparation time is cut in half.
- Frying Pan
- Baking Sheet
- Cutting Board
- 1 Pound Grass Fed Beef
- 1 Ounce Taco Seasoning Chili Powder, Cumin, and Garlic can be substituted for the Taco Seasoning
- ½ Cup Water
- 6 Medium Size Flour or Corn Tortillas Corn Tortillas are a Gluten Free Alternative to Flour Tortillas
- 1 16 Ounce Can of Refried Beans
- 1 16 Ounce Can of Red Enchilada Sauce Alternative is Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Cup Grated Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Sliced or Diced Tomato
- 6 Diced Green Onions
- 1 Can Sliced Olives
- Preheat oven to 375°. On two baking sheets sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, place 3 corn tortillas. Bake for 5 minutes on one side. Then flip them over and bake for 5 more minutes until crispy.
- Cook ground beef in the large frying pan over medium-high heat. Drain grease and add taco seasoning and water to frying pan. Bring water to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for about 10 minutes until water evaporates and remove from heat.
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans on each tortilla followed by the meat, canned or homemade enchilada sauce, shredded cheddar cheese, green onion, and tame jalepenos.
- Place both baking sheets in oven and bake for 10 minutes. After removing pizzas from the oven allow them to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- One variation of this recipe is that a corn tortilla can be placed on top of the meat and cheese mixture and topped with more enchilada sauce and cheese.
- A full meal deal to include along side these delicious Mexican Pizzas is some Mexican Rice.
- Just keep in mind that anything tastes better when you call it pizza!