Have you ever had a craving for a nutritious snack but just couldn’t find it on the grocery store shelf? Well, your journey has come to an end. Just add your favorite topping and bag it for movie night or any other special occasion. My family even likes to dip spelt crackers in hummus for added flavor. Several toppings are suggested within the recipe that adds additional flavor and texture to this timeless recipe.
Some of these tasty toppings include almonds, sesame seeds, flax seeds or even sunflower seed. Even my finicky family likes this snack. Recently, I learned that the benefits of eating
Delicious Spelt Crackers
- Measuring Cups
- Sturdy spoon or mixer with dough beater
- Rolling Pin and Board
- 2 Cups Spelt Flour
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cups Water
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced, or you can use 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Variations To Add When Mixing Garlic and Flour Together
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds or
- 2 Tablespoons Flax Seeds, chopped or
- 2 Tablespoons Sunflower Seeds or
- 2 Tablespoons Almonds, chopped or
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds or Toasted Onions and/or Shallots or Minced Garlic
- Combine and thoroughly mix water, garlic and spelt flour. Add oil by rubbing it into the mixture with your fingers. Only add enough water to make the dough stick together. Knead mixture lightly. Roll mixture into small balls about 1/4 inch thick and use a rolling pin to roll out on a floured surface. At 375 degrees bake crackers 3 to 6 minutes on each side.
This post contains affiliate links, but these are all products I love!