The Discovery of Cauliflower Pizza
Upon my discovery of my son’s food allergies and sensitivity to wheat, I began to search for
Adding Veggies To Our Favorite Recipes
Since I knew I was dealing with a finicky eater or two, I had to devise devious ways to sneak vegetables into our diet. That journey began with pasta that incorporated vegetables into the fabric of it. At one point we ate green eggs and ham from our favorite breakfast meal. We had just read Green Eggs and Ham by Doctor Seus. For some reason, it was delicious at that time. Now that I am feeding a young adult I have to be even more creative. Shazam! Here we are eating Cauliflower Pizza that is not only low in
- Grater or Food Processor
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Round Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper or Non-stick Sheet
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 4 Cups Grated Cauliflower Rice To save time, cauliflower rice can now be purchased at your favorite grocer.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 ½ Cups Mozzarella Cheese Add more cheese if desired.
- Olive Oil
- Put grated cauliflower florets in a skillet and cook in just about 1 teaspoon of olive oil on low heat for about ten minutes.
- Mix cooked cauliflower in a bowl with eggs and Parmesan cheese and save for next step.
- Place parchment paper or non-stick sheet on round baking pan. Knead cauliflower dough and press flat into whatever shape you would like it to be, a circle, square, rectangle, or even a heart.
- Bake crust in a 400° oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let crust cool and begin preparing the topping.
- Spread tomato sauce over the crust leaving the edge bare.
- Add cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In the order listed, add at least a teaspoon of oregano, olive oil and basil leaves.
- Bake pizza at 400° for another ten minutes.
- Enjoy, slice and serve
- This dish can be cooked in a cake tin or even a large pie pan.
- The crust can be flipped during baking time to obtain a crispier crust.
- If using meat as a topping be sure to cook it before placing it on pizza crust.
- Feel free to add your choice of additional vegetables and meat like red peppers, onions, bell pepper, or sausage and pepperoni to spice up the flavor.
This post contains affiliate links, but these are all products I love!