What better salad to eat than cucumbers. They meet the budget of just about anyone with their inexpensive price tag. In addition, they provide numerous health benefits. Some of these benefits are antioxidant activity, potential anti-diabetic, toxins and waste cleanser, soothing of skin irritations, and the prevention of constipation. When eaten raw, the fiber ingested can also help maintain a healthy weight.
The Garlic Cucumber Salad is a delectable Chinese dish that can accompany such main dishes as General Tsao’s Chicken, sweet and sour pork, or Chinese pepper steak.
Garlic Cucumber Salad
- Rolling Pin
- Garlic Press
- Cutting Board
- Bowl for Salad
- 2-3 Cucumbers Small/Medium Size
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar or Chinese Black Vinegar Whatever You Have on Hand
- 1 Tablespoon Sea Salt to Taste
- Sesame seeds are loaded with calcium.
- 1 cup of cucumber has only .1g fat, 3.8g of carbs, .5g fiber, and .7g protein.
- Whenever I have made any sort of cucumber salad I have found that if it is cooled in the refrigerator for at least one hour the cucumbers will absorb the flavor of the vinegar and oil for a tastier version.
This post contains affiliate links, but these are all products I love!