15 Minute Pasta Sauce
For those quick meals of pasta or pizza, this sauce includes only 5 ingredients and a minimal amount of cooking. Save yourself some money and make the sauce yourself.
Large Heavy Pan
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 4 Pinches Freshly Ground Pepper
- ½ Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 28 Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes or 15 ounces of tomato sauce
Using moderate heat, add oil, garlic, pepper, and onion to the large heavy pan.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Add crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce over a reduced heat.
Simmer for 10 minutes after adding your favorite spices such as oregano, basil and coriander. Season to taste.
- Tomatoes can be added in the form of either crushed tomatoes or as a tomato sauce
- As an added flavor Italian spices such as 1/2 teaspoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon basil can be added
- As another added flavor about 1/2 cup of sauteed onions and 1/2 cup of bell pepper are just the right combination for additional nutrition
- Per serving this recipe contains 55% fat, 7% protein, and 38% Carbohydrates
- It contains 4 g protein; 15 g fat; 10g mono fat; 23 g carb; 5g fiber; 34g calcium; 2 mg iron; 38 mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol